Friday, February 26, 2010

Fashion isn't just about clothes




I actually really like this bag, from juicy. It reminds me of spring and warmer weather, especially with all this snow lately. It's not too expensive ($148) and its fun.

Also, I will always love juicy and no not because I'm superficial (although I do know some people who would disagree) its because when I first discovered labels and fashion, it was in the Walt whitman mall, in bloomingdales, I remember like it was yesterday, back when it was me my mom and my dad against the world, when we'd go shopping together. I get my shopping addiction from my mom, she always went to the mall during her lunch breaks (at least I'm not that bad haha) and my dad loved to please her so he would tag along when we would go and put in his input, he has a good sense of fashion for an old guy haha. Well it was then that my dad went do you want to look at juicy stuff, and I had no idea what he was talking about, but the moment I saw the displays I was in love, now I probably wouldn't wear a track suit if my life depended on it but i was young and it was sparkly and fun. My dad bought me my first outfit then, and ever since I fell in love with fashion and labels.

I have a lot of clothes, most say too many, but its an accumulation of my life, each piece of clothing has a story behind it, where I bought it, where I wore it to, who I was with, what happened in it. I love my huge closet, in a way it reminds me how much I am like my mom and what me and my dad bonded over (he really is like a gay man) but most of all, beyond anything else, fashion & clothes always makes me happy. I am a firm believer in if you look good then you feel good. Picking out outfits is the highlight of my days sometimes. It is a good addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers